If you are interested in booking a keynote presentation or a hands-on professional development training, please contact me at CatlinRTucker@gmail.com or send me a tweet @Catlin_Tucker.
- Blending Technology and Tradition to Transform Learning
- It’s Time to Redesign Classrooms and Curriculum to Personalize Learning
- Place Students at the Center of Learning with Technology
- Reimagine Learning and Creatively Teach the Common Core with Technology
- Engaging Today’s Learners with Technology
- Power of Connecting Students to an Authentic Audience
Workshops & Trainings
Photo credit: Elizabeth Macy of Image Photo & Events of Saratoga Springs, NY
Note: All workshops and trainings are hands-on and tailored for the needs of each group. I use the same blended learning strategies when I train teachers that I am encouraging teachers to use in their own classrooms.
- Blended Learning: Strategies & Technology Tools
- Creatively Teach the Common Core Literacy Standards with Technology
- Creatively Teach the ELA Standards with Technology
- Don’t Just Flip Your Classroom, Transform It!
- Project Based Learning in a Blended Learning Model
- Digital Writing: Communicate, Collaborate, Reflect & Publish
- 7 Steps to Successful Online Discussions
- Give Your Low-Tech Classroom a Mobile Makeover!
Blended Learning Coaching
The best way to support your teachers in the transition to a blended learning model is to provide them with ongoing coaching and support!
- Support the implementation of high quality blended instruction–focusing primarily on the station rotation model, whole group rotation, and/or flipped classroom models.
- Employ practice-based coaching–a sustained and focused professional development experience aimed at enhancing the teachers’ ability to use blended learning models to modify and improve traditional lessons to better meet the needs of each individual child.
- Engage in focused observations to assess where individual teachers are at before coaching and better understand their individual needs, teaching styles, and student population.
- Collaborate with individual teachers to set goals, articulate an action plan, and develop blended lessons.
- Observe blended lessons providing real-time feedback in the form of “teacher timeouts” to pause instruction and provide constructive feedback to guide lessons at they progress.
- Reflect on the blended lessons with individual teachers to discuss what worked, what could be improved, or how the lesson design could be modified to better meet the needs of students at different skill levels and/or language proficiencies.
- Provide virtual feedback, if desired, on recorded lessons to help teachers continue to refine their practice as onsite coaching is phased out.
*Coaching can take place in person or virtually. Virtual coaching can include online trainings, Google Hangout/Skype observations, recorded lessons followed by written feedback and online meetings to plan, debrief and reflect.