If you are interested in booking a keynote presentation or a hands-on professional development training, please contact me at CatlinRTucker@gmail.com or send me a tweet @Catlin_Tucker.
- Blending Technology and Tradition to Transform Learning
- Blended Learning in Action: From Culture to Curriculum, Explore Strategies that Lead to Sustainable Change
- Ditch Traditional Grades & Focus on Learning
- Why Are You Grading at Home? Move Assessment into the Classroom
- Who Is Doing the Work In Your Classroom? Letting Students Lead the Learning
- It’s Time to Redesign Classrooms and Curriculum to Personalize Learning
- NEW School: An Experiment That’s Challenging the Status Quo
- Place Students at the Center of Learning with Technology
- Reimagine Learning: 5 Lessons I Learned from Listening to My Students
- Creatively Teach the Common Core with Technology
Workshops & Trainings
Photo credit: Elizabeth Macy of Image Photo & Events of Saratoga Springs, NY
Note: All workshops and trainings are hands-on and tailored for the specific needs of each group. I use the same blended learning strategies when I train teachers that I am encouraging teachers to use in their own classrooms.
- Blended Learning Models – Station Rotation, Whole Group Rotation and/or Flipped Classroom
- Flipped Classroom: Flip & Engage
- Station Rotation Model: Play & Plan
- Stop Taking Your Grading Home & Move All Assessment into the Classroom
- Coaching Strategies that Support the Shift to Blended Learning
- Creatively Teach the Common Core Literacy Standards with Technology
- Rethink Research & Engage Students
- Identifying & Analyzing Complex Texts Online
- 7 Steps to Successful Asynchronous Online Discussions
- Project Based Learning in a Blended Learning Model
Blended Learning Coaching
The best way to support your teachers in the transition to a blended learning model is to provide them with ongoing coaching and support!
- Support the implementation of high quality blended instruction–focusing primarily on the station rotation model, whole group rotation, and/or flipped classroom models.
- Employ practice-based coaching–a sustained and focused professional development experience aimed at enhancing the teachers’ ability to use blended learning models to modify and improve traditional lessons to better meet the needs of each individual child.
- Engage in focused observations to assess where individual teachers are at before coaching and better understand their individual needs, teaching styles, and student population.
- Collaborate with individual teachers to set goals, articulate an action plan, and develop blended lessons.
- Observe blended lessons providing real-time feedback in the form of “teacher timeouts” to pause instruction and provide constructive feedback to guide lessons at they progress.
- Reflect on the blended lessons with individual teachers to discuss what worked, what could be improved, or how the lesson design could be modified to better meet the needs of students at different skill levels and/or language proficiencies.
- Provide virtual feedback, if desired, on recorded lessons to help teachers continue to refine their practice as onsite coaching is phased out.
*Coaching can take place in person or virtually. Virtual coaching can include online trainings, Google Hangout/Skype observations, recorded lessons followed by written feedback and online meetings to plan, debrief and reflect.