Get Updates From This Blog:
- Differentiate Reading with Rewordify
- Combatting a Culture of Learned Helplessness
- Free-form Station Rotation Lesson
- In-Class Flip: The Flipped Classroom Meets the Station Rotation Model
- 5 Most Popular Blog Posts of 2015
- Need Help Beginning a Blog?
- “The Techy Teacher” Column in Educational Leadership
- Mass CUE Keynote: Creatively Teach the Common Core with Technology
- Design Digital Newsletters for Parents
- Design a Thematic Art Gallery with Google Art Project
- Join me for a Master Class at BLC in July!
- Teaching and Parenting…a Delicate Dance
- Voice Typing in Google Documents
- 5 Strategies to Help You Rethink Research
- How Challenging Is That Online Text?
Category Archives: Learning
In an earlier post titled How Challenging Is that Online Text?, I shared the Readability tool that can help educators determine how hard an online text is to see if it is a good match for their students. Then in … Continue reading
I led a training last week on blended learning and asked teachers to brainstorm the biggest challenges they face in the classroom. One answer resonated with me. “Learned helplessness.” On my drive home, I kept mentally returning to this phrase. … Continue reading