Get Updates From This Blog:
Preorder Your Copy NOW!
- Free Range Teaching
- Creatively Teach the Common Core with Technology
- Last Day of School: Write a Letter to Your Future Self
- Gmail: Undo a Sent Email
- Shakespeare Soundtrack Project
- Don’t Just Read Shakespeare, Perform It!
- Fun Assessment for Silent Sustained Reading
- Instagram: Document and Share Grammar Gaffes
- Teaching Speaking & Listening Skills for Today’s Student
- Get Common Core Ready: Achieve Dynamic Student-led Discussions
- Creating Memes to Explore Themes
- Drive Higher-Order Thinking with RSA Animation
- Thesis Statement Throwdown!
- Favorite Chrome Extension for Writing: Grammarly
- Common Core Reading Resource: Smithsonian Tween Tribune
Category Archives: Learning
I was listening to NPR last month when they did a story on free range parenting. The story covered the debate about the pros and cons of this approach, which values self-reliance and independence. The free range movement is a response … Continue reading
Educators today are facing two major shifts in education–a move to the Common Core Standards and increasing pressure to teach students with the technology they’ll be expected to use in their lives beyond high school. Both seasoned educators and those … Continue reading
The end of the school year typically blows by in a blur of exams. I’m often left wishing I had done more to get my students reflecting on the year. Not this year! This year, I am going to have … Continue reading