Google Slide Scavenger Hunt

After posting my Google Doc Scavenger Hunt activity, I had several teachers ask if I had created scavenger hunts for any of the other Google tools. Below is the scavenger hunt I designed for Google Slides.

Teachers are welcome to access and use this Google Slide Scavenger Hunt. Just click “File” on the presentation and “Make a copy.” It will automatically save to your Google Drive, then you can edit your version so it works for your students

Hopefully, this serves as a fun introduction to Google Slides for students and provides you with a little insight into your new students!

I invite any teachers who create a modified version for students at different levels to share links to their scavenger hunts in a comment!

64 Responses to Google Slide Scavenger Hunt

1. Pingback: Lesson Planning Idea: Google Slide Scavenger Hunt | BroadyEdTech

2. Becca says:

Thank you for these! Both of these are the perfect tools for those of my students who are new to Google suite as well as a refresher for those that are familiar with the tools!

3. Jamie says:

Thank you for a fun and useful resource! I am going to modify it for Michigan. THANKS!

4. Tina says:

Awesome! Thank you! Modifying in Oklahoma!

5. Lisa says:

These are such fun activities! Thank you so much for sharing!

6. Gina says:

I am so grateful for these tools – Thank you for your generosity. I changed “California” related questions to “Rochester, NY” questions – I was surprised as to how few students knew the state bird!

7. Gina says:

8. Deana Harris says:

Thank you. I will be using this in Texas

9. Darlene says:

I love your Scavenger Hunts!! I am teaching a “Google Unit” including the many apps that Google has to offer. I wish there was a scavenger hunt for each one! I love your website too.

10. Pingback: Diigo Links (weekly) | Mr. Gonzalez's Classroom

11. Kristine Morgan says:

Thank you for this! I used it for students to learn more about the Byzantines for 7th graders in California.

12. Christina T says:

Do you have one for google sheets?

13. Beth Evans says:

Caitlin, I can’t seem to get the slides document to make a copy. Can you help?

14. Laurel says:

Great idea – what a fun way to learn to use these tools. I even learned a couple things myself! Thanks for sharing!

15. Cathy McGeowan says:

I teach educators and your scavenger hunts are perfect for adult learners as well as students. Thanks for always being so willing to share!

16. Pingback: Diigo Links (Weekly) | Another EducatorAl Blog

17. Rob Liebman says:

I really appreciate the effort, my 4th quarter is about to start with a bunch of newbies and this is perfect for them.

Thank you!

18. Ang says:

Is the link working properly? I wasn’t able to to make a copy once I opened the link.

19. Kia Jones says:

Thank you!! A great resource!

20. Tyler Parker says:

Where is the answer sheet?

21. Betty says:

Hi! I tried the link, but I can’t click on it. Would it be possible to get a copy shared with me? It looks wonderful! Thanks!

22. Kim says:

Hi Caitlin! I am trying to access a copy of the presentation but it is not allowing me to “make a copy”? Any other other ideas on how to access? I absolutely love your resources! Thank you!

23. Eileen Snover says:

The link to make a copy no longer works. Can you update it, please?

24. Toni-Colleen Peterson says:

Thank you so much for sharing all of your amazing resources. I am unable to make a copy of the Google Slides Scavenger Hunt and was wondering if you could re-share it.

Thank you!
    T.C.

25. Toni-Colleen Peterson says:

Nevermind! I clicked on a link from your comments and found it 🙂

T.C.

26. Emma says:

This isn’t working for me. I would love it if someone could share a copy with me please.

27. Heather Coughlin says:

I clicked make a copy and nothing happened. It could totally be user error. I just thought I would see if anyone else is having that problem.

28. Amanda Paige says:

I was interested in the Google Slides Scavenger Hunt but when I click on the link it won’t let me make a copy. The page pops up to do so but when I click on the Make a Copy button it does nothing.

29. Tammy Shires says:

Thanks for sharing. I had to use your direct link as the “make a copy” button is still not working. I had no trouble at all getting the Docs version.

30. Nadine Wright says:

My school is 1-1 with chromebooks, and this is my first year teaching there. Students have been using the chromebooks, but have only scratched the surface of all the fun/useful tools they now have access to that will display (and expand) their knowledge. My students were not excited about doing digital projects, so I needed something to motivate them. I am using this google slide scavenger hunt, but I added in a final slide that asks the students to make a video presentation using screencastify.

Thank you Catlin for putting in all the time and energy on this scavenger hunt!!!!!!

31. Kathy Hunt says:

Caitlin,
    Thank you for sharing both of these activities. They will be a great activity to use with the students helping me to determine their knowledge level.

32. Natalie Johnson says:

Thank-you for sharing this. It is getting harder and harder to find shared items in this era of TEACHERS PAY TEACHERS. I really appreciate it and plan on using it after Christmas break.

• You are welcome, Natalie! I’m happy to share what I create with teachers to save them time. We have enough on our plates without trying to create everything from scratch. I wish more teachers shared their resources.

33. Kara says:

Thank you so much for sharing your resources. I used the google doc in my classroom today and kids enjoyed working on it. I appreciate for sharing your resources.

34. Kathy says:

Thanks for sharing! It is exactly what I need for my class. Any plans for a Google Sheets scavenger hunt?

35. I LOVE these!

My students don’t love them (ha ha), but they agree it’s better than listening to me talk for a whole bell!

Keep up the great work! Thanks for sharing!

• That’s funny! Each time my students would start a scavenger hunt and hit a bump, they would immediately ask me how to do whatever it was they were struggling with. I just laughed and told them the whole point of a scavenger hunt is to FIGURE IT OUT! Finally, they started using each other, Google, and YouTube to figure stuff out. That is the whole point!

I’m glad you like them 🙂

36. Lori Zarate says:

This is the best ever!!! Thank you so much!

37. Jessica T says:

I used the Google Slides Scavenger Hunt with my 3rd-5th grade computer students, and it was the perfect project. The admin loves it, the teachers loved it, and we were being accredited and they said they loved the idea as well. This made me look like a wonderful teacher, thank you so much!

38. Dee says:

Thank you!

39. Pingi says:

Love Google Slide Scavenger Hunt! Thank you so much.

40. Dana S says:

My students used the Google Docs Scavenger Hunt last year and it was really eye-opening how many of them really don’t know about all of the tools embedded in Docs. I just saw the Slides Scavenger Hunt, and I plan to use both the first week of school. Thanks so much for the great resources!

• I had the same experience, Dana. I often assume they know how to navigate technology when in reality they do not. I am thrilled you were able to use it with your students!

41. Melissa says:

Thank you so much for these scavenger hunts! They are amazing.