Teachers plan on the go! As much as I enjoy reading books that help me to push my practice forward, I appreciate having quick and easy resources I can reference in the classroom. I have distilled the most important information about designing and implementing a station rotation lesson into a 6-page laminated guide for teachers who want a quick and easy resource.
My On Your Feet Classroom Guide to the Station Rotation Model for teachers is now available through Corwin! The guide includes:
- An introduction to the Station Rotation Model and a visual with ideas for how to use the teacher-led, online, and offline stations.
- A step-by-step explanation about how to plan a station rotation lesson.
- An example station rotation lesson.
- A link to an online template that teachers can use to create their own lessons.
- Tips for maximizing
the the teacher-ledstation by moving feedback and assessment into the classroom.
- Strategies for grouping students and keeping track of groups.
- A list of common challenges and creative solutions to address those challenges.
- Helpful hints and best practices for teachers just getting started!
As we approach the end of another school year, I will be giving away several free copies. If you are on Twitter, keep an eye open for a chance to win!